I am a doctor treating coronavirus patients

In addition to protecting myself at work by remaining diligent with my personal protective equipment, I also have to think about if a health emergency does arise. I am helping my patients navigate this process by thinking about goals of care, what they would want done in a health crisis. I urge them to have honest and frank conversations with their families. As visitor access becomes increasingly restricted and our medical facilities and providers are overwhelmed with patients, advance care plans give patients a voice in their care, even if a times comes when they are unable to communicate with caregivers. These directives also help ER physicians like me make care decisions quickly, which allows us to provide expeditious, quality care when it matters most.

Doctor, nurse describe treating first U.S. coronavirus patient

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

A Brief History of the Codpiece the Personal Protection for Renaissance Equipment

Kids Japanese Kimono Style Baby Girls Boys 5 Types toddler Infant Cotton Kimono Boys Jumpsuit Clothes Costume

COVID-19: Condom shortage could lead to baby boom experts say